Bexhill Pictures

Caroline Mortlock, who helped to organise my event at Bexhill High School on Friday, has sent me a few pictures.  It's a new school with a very impressive lecture theatre, in which about three hundred pupils came to hear me talk.  I mostly concentrated on Mortal Engines, since that's the book they've been reading in class.  You can see Christian Bravery's painting of London on the wall behind me here - it's been oddly squished into a vertical format, but it still captures the sheer scale of London better than most I've seen...


I did a few drawings while I was talking: here I am trying to explain Shrike...


And at the end I signed books and autographs for anyone who wanted them.


All in all, it felt like a really good event, so thanks again to everyone at Bexhill who made it possible, and to all the students, who asked some very good questions.